Saturday, February 19, 2011

Motivation

I was listening to a video by John Maxwell this morning, and he was speaking about Motivation. One thing that he said was that motivation isn't the catalyst or reason that you do something. Rather, it's the by-product or end result of doing that thing.

He said that you need to be a "Nike person", and "Just Do it!"

That really impacted me yesterday morning. In my weight loss journey, there wasn't anything that moved me to the decision. Well, not one major catalytic event, anyway. I just simply made a decision.

At first, there was determination. I set a goal and reached for it. The decision was the motivation in itself. Now, 7 months later, I find that I'm motivation for a different reason - THE RESULTS (so far)...

You know, the motivation does come as a result of the action. I'm experiencing it now!

So, my challenge to you is this -- JUST DO IT. Don't wait for ANYONE to motivate you first!

Let me know how it's going!

Blessings,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment